Initial Slate of Candidates Announced for ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council
Posted: Friday, 06 September 2013
Elections for two seats on the ARIN Board of Trustees and five seats on the ARIN Advisory Council will be held online 10 October – 20 October. New Board and AC terms begin 1 January 2014. Board members Dr. Paul Vixie and Dr. Vinton (Vint) Cerf, and AC representatives Cathy Aronson, Owen DeLong, Chris Grundemann, Scott Leibrand, Milton Mueller will conclude their current terms on 31 December 2013.
The following candidates have agreed to run for office:
Board of Trustees:
- Dr. Vinton (Vint) Cerf, Google
- David Huberman, Microsoft Corporation
- Bernadette Lewis, Caribbean Telecommunications Union
- Bill Sandiford, Telnet Communications
- Cathy Aronson, Daydream Imagery LLC
- Owen Delong, Hurricane Electric
- Andrew Dul, 8 Continents Networks LLC
- Jesse Geddis, LA Broadband
- Chris Grundemann, CableLabs
- Scott Leibrand, Limelight Networks
- Tina Morris, Bright House Networks
- Milton Mueller, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
We encourage you to review the candidate biographies and submit or view statements of support. On 10 October during the ARIN 32 Public Policy and Members Meeting in Phoenix, candidates will have the opportunity to address the membership. These speeches will be posted online on 11 October.
A compilation of Candidate questionnaire responses in PDF is also available.
Designated Member Representatives (DMRs) from ARIN's general members in good standing will be asked to vote for two candidates in the Board election and five candidates in the Advisory Council election. Voter eligibility must have been established by 12 August. You may wish to review the election system instructions here.
Please contact ARIN's Communications and Member Services Department at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Congratulations and good luck to all of the candidates. Your willingness to take an active role in guiding the future of the Internet is appreciated.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
These are archives of announcements, and have generally not been updated since they were published. As a result, some content, specifically links to other pages and other references may be out-of-date or no longer available.