Call for Nominations: ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council
Posted: Monday, 22 July 2013
General Members in good standing are invited to nominate candidates for two seats on the ARIN Board of Trustees and five seats on the Advisory Council (AC) that become open when current terms expire on 31 December 2013.
Nomination details are included below this message. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Board and AC terms begin 1 January 2014. Board members Paul Vixie and Vint Cerf, and AC representatives Cathy Aronson, Owen DeLong, Chris Grundemann, Scott Leibrand, Milton Mueller will conclude their current terms on 31 December 2013. Board and AC incumbents may be nominated to run for consecutive terms.
The Board and AC elections have a Nomination Committee (NomCom), responsible for identifying, recruiting, and certifying a properly selected slate of ARIN Board and AC candidates. This year's NomCom members are Board members Paul Andersen and Bill Woodcock; AC members Heather Schiller and Rob Seastrom; and general member volunteers Timothy Doherty, Dmitry Kohmanyuk, and Brian Sutterfield; and Bill Woodcock is serving as NomCom Chair. For more NomCom information, see the NomCom Charter.
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- You must be a Trustee or an ARIN General Member in good standing to make nominations. However, those nominated do not need to be ARIN members. Self-nominations from General Members in good standing are permitted. For nomination information, see the ARIN Election System Instructions page.
- All nominees must confirm that they qualify to serve and do not violate the Nomination and Appointment Conflict of Interest List.
- Nominations must be received by 5:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, 20 August 2013. In accordance with ARIN's Bylaws, each Trustee or General Member in good standing may make up to three nominations for each open seat.
- Each nominee must submit the nominee questionnaire by 5pm ET 23 August. The questionnaires are available for review on the Board and AC Election Procedures page.
- ARIN will contact all nominees via email and/or phone to verify that they are willing and able to fulfill a three-year term. If ARIN cannot reach the nominee, the nomination will be rejected.
- ARIN encourages nominees to view the Requirements and Responsibilities of Board Members and AC Members.
These are archives of announcements, and have generally not been updated since they were published. As a result, some content, specifically links to other pages and other references may be out-of-date or no longer available.