Agenda Highlights for ARIN 31
Posted: Friday, 08 March 2013
It is decision time – attend ARIN 31 or not? While we could extoll the virtues of the meeting locale, the truth is ARIN 31 would be worth your time no matter where it was held. Come join us 21-24 April at the Hilton Barbados Hotel in Bridgetown, Barbados and get updates on important issues and take part in the Public Policy development process.
Here are just a few of the important agenda highlights:
- Registration Services Director Leslie Nobile will give and update on Legacy Address Space and IPv4 Transfers
- President and CEO John Curran will discuss the new Fee Schedule
- Chief Engineer Andy Newton will introduce the community to the recently released Delegated RPKI and the ARINCLI beta, a command line method of utilizing Whois-RWS and Reg-RWS
- Aaron Hughes, President and Chief Technology Officer of 6Connect, will provide a status update on network Best Common Operating Practices
- Executive Director of Government Affairs and Public Policy, Cathy Handley will lead a discussion on Internet Governance in 2013
We also will be continuing the discussion on several draft policy proposals, including:
- ARIN-2012-2: IPv6 Subsequent Allocations Utilization Requirement – which will make it easier to get additional IPv6 space
- ARIN-2013-1: Section 8.4 Transfer Enhancement – to allow Inter-RIR transfer of ASNs
Recent discussions of these two draft policies can be previewed at: https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/reports/ppc_nanog57/index.html
Register today and take advantage of the special $199 USD single/double occupancy room rate UNTIL 20 March (subject to applicable taxes/fees/charges). Space is limited, so reserve your room early! For more hotel and travel details, visit: https://www.arin.net/ARIN-31/hotel.html.
This is a great opportunity to get the latest on a wide range of topics AND contribute to the community-driven policy development process in just a few short days. Come be an Internet community leader – every voice counts!
Register for free today at https://www.arin.net/ARIN-31/.
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
These are archives of announcements, and have generally not been updated since they were published. As a result, some content, specifically links to other pages and other references may be out-of-date or no longer available.