Final Slate of Candidates Announced for ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council
Posted: Monday, 20 September 2010
The 2010 elections for two (2) seats on the ARIN Board of Trustees and five (5) seats on the ARIN Advisory Council will be held online 6-16 October.
The final slate of candidates is:
Board of Trustees
- Vinton Cerf, Google, Inc.
- Lee Howard, Time Warner Cable
- Aaron Hughes, 6connect, Inc.
- Paul Vixie, Internet Systems Consortium
- Cathy Aronson, Cascadeo Corporation
- Jim Deleskie, Tata
- Owen DeLong, Hurricane Electric
- David Divins, Carpathia Hosting
- Wes George, Sprint
- Gary Giesen, Advanced Knowledge Networks
- Chris Grundemann, TW Telecom
- Martin Hannigan, Akamai Technologies, Inc.
- William Herrin, ITT
- Scott Leibrand, Limelight
- Andrew Mentges, Jumpline Inc
- John Springer, Inland Telephone
- Tom Zeller, Indiana University
Many of the candidates will address the membership on 6 October at ARIN's Public Policy and Members Meeting in Atlanta. Individuals unable to attend the meeting can watch the live webcast to hear the speeches. These candidate speeches will be posted to the website the on 7 October. Speeches, brief biographies and forms to voice support for candidates can be found online at ARIN Election Headquarters:
Details of the election procedures will also be presented on 6 October at the Public Policy Meeting and posted on ARIN's website.
Eligible designated member representatives (DMRs) from ARIN's General Members in good standing as of 1 January 2010 will be asked to vote for two (2) candidates in the Board election and five (5) candidates in the Advisory Council election. This is the last call to make certain your organization has an eligible DMR on record as tomorrow is the final day to update your voter information for the 2010 Elections. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org today to verify or modify your information.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
These are archives of announcements, and have generally not been updated since they were published. As a result, some content, specifically links to other pages and other references may be out-of-date or no longer available.