NRPM 2010.1 - New Policies Implemented
Posted: Wed, 13 January 2010
On 18 December 2009 the ARIN Board of Trustees, based on the recommendation of the Advisory Council and noting that the Policy Development Process had been followed, adopted the following number resource policies:
- 2008-3: Community Networks IPv6 Assignment
- 2009-3 (Global Proposal): Allocation of IPv4 Blocks to Regional Internet Registries
- 2009-5: IPv6 Multiple Discrete Networks
- 2009-6 (Global Proposal): Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Policy for Allocation of ASN Blocks (ASNs) to Regional Internet Registries
- 2009-7: Open Access To IPv6
- 2009-8: Equitable IPv4 Run-Out
A new version of the ARIN Number Resource Policy Manual (NRPM) has been published to the ARIN website. NRPM version 2010.1 contains the implementation of 2008-3, 2009-5, 2009-7 and 2009-8. The two global proposals, 2009-3 and 2009-6, await the conclusion of the Global Policy Development Process.
In addition to the policy actions above, the NRPM was modfied as follows:
- Section 5.1 (an ASN subsection) was retired according to its built-in expiration, "Section 5.1 will be removed from the first version of this manual published after 1 January 2010."
- Several editorial updates were made to Section 6, the IPv6 section. The IPv6 definitions were moved to Section 2 (Definitions). And the References and Background sections were retired.
NRPM version 2010.1 is effective 13 January 2010 and supersedes the previous version. See the Change Log for information regarding revisions to the policy manual.
Draft policies and proposals are available at: https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
These are archives of announcements, and have generally not been updated since they were published. As a result, some content, specifically links to other pages and other references may be out-of-date or no longer available.