Initial Slate of Candidates Announced for ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council (correction)
Posted: Tue, 15 September 2009
Please note, there was an incorrect employer listed for Lee Howard and Rob Seastrom. This is corrected in the revised text below.
Elections for three (3) seats on the ARIN Board of Trustees and five (5) seats on the ARIN Advisory Council will be held online 21-31 October.
The following candidates have been selected and agree to run for office:
Board of Trustees:
- Paul Andersen, EGATE Networks, Inc.
- Scott Bradner, Harvard University
- Lee Howard, Time Warner Cable
- Aaron Hughes, 6connect
- Frederick Silny, Charlotte Russe Holding, Inc.
- Mark Bayliss, Visual Link Internet
- John Brown, Citylink Fiber Holdings
- Rudolf Daniel, Independent
- Steve Feldman, CBS Interactive
- Wes George, Sprint
- Chris Grundemann, TW Telecom Inc / CO ISOC
- Stacy Hughes, Guavus, Inc
- Kevin Hunt, Hunt Brothers of Louisiana, LLC
- Mark Johnson, MCNC
- Kevin Kargel, Polar Communications
- Ed Kern, Cisco
- Chris Morrow, Google
- Christopher Savage, Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP
- Heather Schiller, Verizon
- Rob Seastrom, Afilias
- Scott Weeks, Hawaiian Telcom
- Tom Zeller, Indiana University
Candidate responses to a questionnaire and a form to voice support for candidates can be found online at ARIN Election Headquarters:
Many of the candidates will address the community at the 21 October Public Policy and Members Meeting in Dearborn. The webcast of candidate speeches should be available in the election headquarters on 22 October.
Designated member representatives (DMRs) from ARIN's General Members in good standing (https://www.arin.net/about_us/membership/member.html) will be asked to vote for three (3) candidates in the Board election and five (5) candidates in the Advisory Council election. ARIN Member Services requires a name and personalized email address be on record for the DMR; role accounts are not acceptable. Voter eligibility must be established at least 14 calendar days prior to the fourth quarter ARIN Members Meeting. Organizations that are not in good standing or do not have a valid DMR on file as of 7 October 2009 will not be eligible to vote. Please email Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you have a properly registered DMR. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions about your organization's billing status.
Congratulations and good luck to all of the candidates. ARIN appreciates your willingness to take an active role in guiding the organization.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
These are archives of announcements, and have generally not been updated since they were published. As a result, some content, specifically links to other pages and other references may be out-of-date or no longer available.