Final Slate of Candidates Announced for ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council
Posted: Tue, 09 Oct 2007
Elections for two (2) seats on the ARIN Board of Trustees and five (5) seats on the ARIN Advisory Council will be held online 19-26 October. Details of the election procedures will be presented at the 19 October Members Meeting and will be posted on ARIN's website.
Please note that Lyman Chapin has withdrawn as a candidate in the Board of Trustees election.
The final slate of candidates is:
Board of Trustees:
- Elise Gerich, Juniper Networks
- Edward Lewis, NeuStar
- Bill Manning, ep.net
- Danny McPherson, Arbor Networks, Inc.
- Chris Ranch, Hostway Corporation
- Cal Thixton, ThoughtPort Authority of Chicago, Inc, DBA SpeedSite OnLine DBA Power Web Connect
- Paul Vixie, Internet Systems Consortium
- Paul Andersen, Toronto Internet Exchange / EGATE Networks Inc.
- Cathy Aronson, Daydream Imagery
- Marla Azinger, Frontier Communications
- John Cavallaro, Cablevision
- Owen DeLong, JITTR Networks
- David Divins, ServerVault
- Tine Hutchison, United Online
- Scott Leibrand, Internap
- Mark McFadden, BT Americas
- David Williamson, Tellme Networks
- Ed Winstead, MCNC/NCREN
Many of the candidates will address the membership at the 19 October Members Meeting in Albuquerque. Individuals unable to attend the meeting can watch the live webcast to hear the speeches. Brief biographies and a form to voice support for candidates can be found at:
Designated member representatives (DMR) from ARIN's General Members in good standing will be eligible to vote for two (2) candidates in the Board election and five (5) candidates in the Advisory Council election. ARIN Member Services requires a name and personalized email address be on record for the DMR; role accounts are not acceptable. As stated in previous announcements, the deadline for establishing voter eligibility was 5 October 2007.
Raymond A. Plzak
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
These are archives of announcements, and have generally not been updated since they were published. As a result, some content, specifically links to other pages and other references may be out-of-date or no longer available.