Current Job Openings at ARIN
Employees describe ARIN as offering a supportive, casual and flexible work environment that provides an atmosphere of continuous learning while being responsive to the community we serve.
ARIN offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, training and education. In lieu of stock options (we are a nonprofit, membership association), we have a generous 401k retirement plan. Eligible employees received a 14% fully-vested employer match in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
To apply for this opening, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this is an in-house position - no full-time telecommuters, no consultants. Relocation not provided. You must include a desired salary range in order to be considered.
We are currently seeking a Staff Attorney who provides legal services with a focus on supporting ARIN's Registration Services Department in the area of fraud investigations and escalated change of control matters as directed by ARIN's Associate General Counsel.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Provide support for fraud investigations and escalated change of control matters submitted to ARIN's Registration Services Department. Review documentation submitted to ARIN to support claims of rights to registrations within ARIN's registry database.
- Confer with ARIN's Associate General Counsel and other members of the ARIN management team on assessment of cases of suspected fraud/hijacking and may be asked to make reports and provide advice on said matters.
- Track all such matters through ARIN's internal systems and procedures and ensure proper disposition and timely responses on open matters.
- Ability to travel to various locations to attend ARIN meetings and possibly industry related conferences as may be needed from time to time.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by ARIN's Associate General Counsel.
Background and Skills Required
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in a legal services position.
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- Excellent editing, legal research, analysis, and writing skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, strong computer skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and details. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to complete assigned research and writing projects within prescribed deadlines.
- Ability to manage a widely varying workload, and flexibility to adapt to changing needs, multiple priorities, and short deadlines.
Background and Skills Preferred
- Prior law journal or legal writing experience is desirable.
- Familiarity with corporate and legal documents as well as online legal research tools.
- Prior employment at an Internet or technical company.