Current Job Openings at ARIN
Employees describe ARIN as offering a supportive, casual and flexible work environment that provides an atmosphere of continuous learning while being responsive to the community we serve.
ARIN offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, training and education. In lieu of stock options (we are a nonprofit, membership association), we have a generous 401k retirement plan. Eligible employees received a 14% fully-vested employer match in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Social Media and Outreach Coordinator
Please note: To apply for this opening, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this is an in-house position - no full-time telecommuters, no consultants. Relocation not provided.
We are currently seeking a Social Media and Outreach Coordinator to coordinate ARIN's external outreach activities and provide support for ARIN's communications, public relations, media and social media efforts. The Social Media and Outreach Coordinator will work in conjunction with the executive team and CMSD staff to facilitate an ARIN presence in the community.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Social Media Support
- Manage daily social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google +)
- Research and respond to questions as appropriate
- Coordinate social media initiatives to increase engagement
- Monitor trending topics and news
- Implement social media campaigns
- Report on the outcomes and effectiveness of social media channels
- Team ARIN blog
- Assist in developing editorial calendar and topics
- Coordinate with contributors and guest bloggers
- Coordinate ARIN's outreach activities, including speaking engagements and trade shows. Work with the Public Affairs Specialist, Meeting Planners, and members of the ARIN executive team to schedule events.
- Maintain ARIN's microsite calendar, www.teamarin.net.
- Support ARIN-initiated outreach events (i.e. ARIN on the Road), including task scheduling and communications.
- Coordinate ARIN's preparation for and presence at outreach events.
- Maintain a calendar of all outreach activities.
- Coordinate and work through other staff to ensure that the registration, travel, service orders, and shipping logistics are completed.
- Draft and submit session proposals for ARIN speakers to be included on meeting agendas.
- Provide support and editorial review for presentation slides.
- Manage tradeshow booth on-site as necessary.
- Contribute to ARIN communications support through cooperation with various departments and senior management, to include the CEO, Executive Director of Government Affairs and Public Policy, and the Director of Communications and Member Services.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Background and Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, or English strongly preferred, however, any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
- Minimum 2 years experience writing and coordinating social media and outreach in a professional setting.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and express them to non-technical audiences.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and anticipate next steps.
- Curiosity, flexibility, and an ease in meeting and working with others.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite software products and Internet navigation.
Background and Skills Preferred
- Coursework in advertising, business administration, public affairs, political science, and/or creative and technical writing.