Current Job Openings at ARIN
Employees describe ARIN as offering a supportive, casual and flexible work environment that provides an atmosphere of continuous learning while being responsive to the community we serve.
ARIN offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, training and education. In lieu of stock options (we are a nonprofit, membership association), we have a generous 401k retirement plan. Eligible employees received a 14% fully-vested employer match in both 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Paralegal/Staff Attorney – Registration Services
To apply for this opening, please email your resume to email@example.com or fax your resume to our offices in Chantilly, VA. Our fax number is 703.263.0111. Please note this is an in-house position - no full-time telecommuters, no consultants. Relocation not provided.
We are currently seeking an experienced paralegal or a junior attorney with a background and familiarity with corporate and transactional documents or in researching chain of custody for assets. This is a great opportunity to advance your knowledge of the Internet. ARIN is a key organization in the Internet industry seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented person with strong analytical skills to join our staff.
Experience Level: Mid level – 5-10 years experience for the Paralegal position and 2-5 years experience for the Staff Attorney position
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Evaluate requests to update the authorized entity for Internet number resource registrations. This includes chain of custody research for company mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, and other change of authority actions.
- Verify, enter and maintain data in ARIN registration databases using customized customer service software. Review registration data to ensure registration requests and changes are legitimate; and comply with applicable policies. Detailed analysis of chain of custody data and documentation to identify instances of potential fraud.
- Provide exemplary customer service and support to members of the ARIN community. Direct non-routine requests to appropriate senior staff, functional manager, or Associate General Counsel. Works directly with customers via web, email and telephone as part of the legal team with an exclusive focus on supporting the Registration Services Team at ARIN, the core function of the ARIN organization.
- Research and analyze current and historical registration information. Prepare reports and assemble statistics as needed for internal and external use and distribution.
- Contribute suggestions and ideas to improve internal tools and processes. Actively contribute to the ongoing development of procedures in the Registration Services Department. Report operational problems or issues to other departments and monitor status to ensure completion.
- Work with other departments to complete inter-departmental tasks. Generate and review registration-related content for publication on ARIN's web site and distribution to the community.
- Perform other special tasks and projects to fulfill the objectives of the Registration Services Department as directed by management.
Background and Skills Required
- 4-year college degree with 5-10 years of law firm or in-house paralegal experience (Paralegal) OR Law degree and licensed to practice in applicable state (Staff Attorney).
- Experience with sales agreements, merger & acquisition documentation, asset transfers, and other related work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technical skills quickly.
- Ability and flexibility to adapt to a quickly changing environment.
- Travel may be required.
Background and Skills Preferred (good to have)
- General understanding of the Internet industry. Familiarity with Internet protocols and technologies such as IPv4, IPv6, DNS, and cloud computing.
- At least 5 years of customer service experience, preferably in a legal or title work environment.
Director of Registration Services Department
Hiring for this position is put on hold indefinitely.
The Director of Registration Services is responsible for the overall development, direction and operation of the Registration Services Department, which performs ARIN's core function as a Regional Internet Registry of overseeing the allocation and registration of Internet Number Resources. As a member of the senior management team, work closely with the COO and CEO, serving as the focal point for coordinating, implementing and communicating ARIN's regional policies, as well as global policies, for number resource distribution.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Manage and direct the department's execution and delivery of ARIN's core function: to provide Internet Number Resources (IPv4, IPv6, and ASNs) and related technical services to Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and other enterprise customers within the ARIN region for their network operations and growth.
Implement and manage ARIN's community established public policies; monitor and ensure policy compliance, evaluate policy effectiveness and impact, and make recommendations to the community as needed.
Lead ARIN's efforts in fraud detection, prevention, and resolution. Collaborate closely with ARIN's legal team to bring to closure and/or escalate to law enforcement as necessary.
Oversee the maintenance of ARIN registration data; including the responsibility of ensuring the integrity of all updates to the ARIN registry.
Ensure the highest possible levels of customer service. This includes monitoring communications of ARIN staff with customers, handling customer escalations, and spot auditing of resource request tickets.
Participate in the development and planning of ARIN's annual strategic plan for presentation to the Board of Trustees. Determine the strategic direction of the department in conjunction with the overall company strategic plan, and produce an annual work plan, that includes implementation of relevant strategic objectives.
Develop and maintain department budget, exercising fiduciary control and responsibility for the department.
Oversee department resources essential for the professional and consistent operation of the department including the development of redundancy and contingency plans. Propose future goals and performance standards for the department and determine and recommend needed resources to accomplish goals.
Hire, train, and manage department staff. Assess and develop staff members on an ongoing basis to provide continuity of managerial and specialized skills. Perform formal and informal appraisals for all direct reports, including 90 day review after hiring, 6 month informal review and annual performance appraisal.
Set in place a plan for succession management – short-term and long-term. Identify and mentor staff members with potential for promotion and future leadership positions.
Adhere to company ethics policy. Set standard of ethical conduct for department staff by exhibiting high ethical principles at all times. Report any incidents of unethical behavior or possible fraud to the Director of HR and Administration, the COO or the President/CEO. Provide a written quarterly statement of any such activities.
Stay abreast of technological developments relevant to Internet Protocol and industry business in order to adjust and grow as needed. Maintain and enhance technical fluency and knowledge by studying publications, periodicals, and mailing lists and through continuing education and training classes.
Ability and willingness to travel in accordance with ARIN travel guidelines.
Background and Skills Required
Bachelor's degree in course of study relevant to position OR equivalent work experience.
Eight to ten years of relevant experience in a technical support function, preferably in an Internet environment. Minimum of five years of relevant management experience in a technical support and/or customer service environment, preferably in a senior role.
Solid understanding of Internet operations, applications, and protocols.
Demonstrated creativity and leadership in problem-solving and execution.
Demonstrated ability to manage people and projects successfully, particularly in a team oriented environment.
Strong and effective oral and written communication. Excellent presentation skills.
Superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge and understanding of subnetting, network routing, CIDR, and TCP/IP protocol suite. Some familiarity with legal documents; such as asset purchase agreements and bills of sale for the transfer of organization assets.