ARIN Participants Expected Standards of Behavior
19 April 2016
Those who take part in ARIN's Policy Development Process (including members of the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council) and related activities undertake to:
- Treat each other with civility, both face-to-face and online.
- Treat all members of the ARIN community respectfully, irrespective of the nationality, gender, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation, occupation, line of business, or policy position they espouse.
- Act in a reasonable and informed manner when participating in policy development and decision-making processes.
- Listen respectfully to the views of all stakeholders when considering policy issues.
- Work to build consensus with other stakeholders in order to find solutions to issues. The ARIN model is based on a bottom-up, consensus-driven approach to policy development. Those who take part in the ARIN Policy Development Process must take responsibility for the success of the model by trying to build consensus with other participants.
- Act fairly and in good faith with other participants in the ARIN process.
- Act in accordance with ARIN's Policy Development Process.
ARIN is committed to supporting a productive and safe working environment for all participants in the Policy Development Process. Parties that believe there has been a violation of this policy may promptly bring incidents to the attention of the person chairing the teleconference or meeting, or may report them via the ARIN Mailing List Acceptable Use Policy if the incident occurs on an ARIN mailing list. Participants may alternatively report perceived violations to ARIN's General Counsel if the incident involves ARIN staff or leadership.